Home Network Service Discovery and Web Intents

From: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 18:50:42 +0100
To: public-web-intents@w3.org
Hi all,
as I mentioned in another thread I would like to start exploring this
topic a bit more in details.

The starting point of this discussion is a a collection of use cases that
people in the Home Network TF of the Web&TV IG have been working at in the
last months
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webtv/raw-file/ed956fac0f9c/hnreq/hnreq.html

I've started to put together some thoughts on the wiki
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebIntents/Home_Discovery_and_Web_Intents

I'm not finished with it but since there is interest in starting this
discussion, I'm sharing it now.

My aim at this point is not to try to cover all use cases but just focus
on a couple of them to try to sort out the first major architectural
issues.
After that we can try to go more into details and add more use cases on
the list.

Comments are welcome. I'm not sure how people prefer to discuss this,
maybe I can reply to this mail with few questions.
Anyway feel free to add content yourself to the wiki or fix any mistakes

/g
--
Giuseppe Pascale
TV & Connected Devices