Re: [testing] ACTION-137 (was Re: [testing] minutes - 28 August 2013)

Good idea. Let's discuss today.

-Clarke

From: <Vickers>, Mark Vickers <mark_vickers@cable.comcast.com<mailto:mark_vickers@cable.comcast.com>>
Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:50 AM
To: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org<mailto:ashimura@w3.org>>
Cc: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: [testing] ACTION-137 (was Re: [testing] minutes - 28 August 2013)

This is interesting, but, while it's useful internally, it won't be enough for the testing group. The testing group now has a list of required APIs for mobile and another list for TV. The whole point of this effort is to replace the TV list with something more representative.  To do that, we need to agree on a criteria for a binary choice for each API: is it in our list or is it not. Otherwise, we send a whole lot of unanalyzed data to the testing group and dump the decision on them.

I'd suggest we define a threshold value for the internal and external survey and include an API if it is above the internal threshold OR the external threshold. For example, any API with an average response equal or greater than:
- 3 on internal OR
- 3 on external

I'm not really arguing for this particular threshold level, but that we need one.

Thanks,
mav

On Sep 11, 2013, at 6:44 AM, "Kazuyuki Ashimura" <ashimura@w3.org<mailto:ashimura@w3.org>> wrote:

Hi group,

I got the following action item from the previous call:
>  [NEW] ACTION: Kaz to add a graph for discussion [recorded in
>   [14]http://www.w3.org/2013/08/28-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

So I've generated a graph based on the survey result
at:
 http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing/survey-results

Please see attached "survey.png".

I also added some description on the figure at:
 http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing/survey-results#Graph_generated_using_the_above_results

Thanks,

Kazuyuki