Re: [apis] Draft of Requirements derived from Use Cases based on CC 7/10/2013

Hello,

On 16 Jul 2013, at 05:58, "HU, BIN" <bh526r@att.com> wrote:
> Based on the discussion of our CC on July 10th, and per my action item, I created the draft of requirements derived from use cases we discussed in [1].
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Requirements

One suggestion I may make is to clearly define the classes of conformance which the requirements apply to.

For instance:

“ There SHALL be a Service Discovery mechanism for a device to look for and pair with local networked services including contents provided by home appliances including set-top boxes.”

This is a good description of what is happening, but it is not describing which service/device is doing what.

But if we define classes of products as :

* connected devices
* local networked service provider
* web service provider

… then we can rewrite as:

“_Local networked service provider_ shall offer a service discovery mechanism which _connected devices_ on the home network can use to pair with the local networked services. The services discovery may either be push-based (with _local networked service provider_ broadcasting service information on the local network) or pull-based (with _local networked service provider_ responding to a standars query by _connected devices_). ”

Does that make sense? Does it help?

--
Olivier

http://www.bbc.co.uk