Re: [tt] Minutes of Timed Text TF teleconference, 11 July 2013

Hi Pierre,

I don't have time for the pretty drawings, but from what I can tell
e.g. from seeing YouTube and other online video publishers use
subtitles, it's not a difficult picture anyway.

user

    uploads video

video-identifier added to CMS

   convert video file to all formats used by CMS

all [video-file, video-identifier] added to CMS

user (potentially the same or other)

    uploads a subtitle file for a video-identifier to CMS

[subtitle-identifier, video-identifier] added to CMS

    convert subtitle file to all formats used by CMS

all [subtitle-file, subtitle-identifier, video-identifier] added to CMS

user (video viewer)

    views page with video & subtitle formats as supported by their
player/browser

    chooses particular subtitle track

watches video with subtitles

HTH.