[testing] minutes - 28 August 2013

available at:

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Bin!



      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Web and TV Interest Group Teleconference

28 Aug 2013

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/08/28-webtv-irc


          Bin, Daniel, Kaz, Clarke, Sheau, Paul




     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Survey results table
         2. [5]Requirements document
     * [6]Summary of Action Items

Survey result table

   Clarke: let's get started
   ... let's review the changes and comments on the table and
   coments if any
   ... let's review and schedule
   ... let's look at the table first

   <Clarke> [7]survey results table

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing/survey-results

   Clarke: what Giuseppe did was to consolidate the table
   ... on top of the table, Giuseppe added the data

   paul: the external votes are 17 out of 20, and internal votes
   are 44 out of 44.

   Clarke: that's right. One of the agenda is to get introduction
   of the table
   ... do we think it sufficient, or do we need some explanatory

   paul: it is the short start of the real table of data. probably
   it is enough

   Paul: I know we agree to do this, I am fine with the result. I
   don't know how we assign the value to the result
   ... if you scroll down a little bit of the table
   ... for example CSS Flexible, the score is 9. There are
   different way to give 9, or give 4 or 3
   ... the 3rd column, you got 17 from different ways, for example
   4 can say 4 and 1 can say 1, or 2 can say 4 and 3 can say 3

   Clarke: I agree if you get the sample site, it won't you give
   you a lot of information, it gives you some information. For
   example, if you get 500 response

   Kaz: we have done the merge of external response and internal
   response, but can we do some analysis?

   <kaz> ... e.g., from 2-dimensional viewpoint. internal vote
   value can correspond to X-axis, and external vote value can
   correspond to Y-axis

   Clarke: I am wondering if we can proactively to do this,
   ... or if HTML test task force comes back, and tells us
   ... I am open

   paul: graph is interesting, and we can learn from quadrant
   ... what the priorities are

   Clarke: if you want to do a graph, we can all look at it and
   add some important information

   Kaz: I can do this

   <scribe> ACTION: Kaz to add a graph for discussion [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-137 - Add a graph for discussion [on
   Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2013-09-04].

   Clarke: the table stays the same. the graph would be
   essentially the whole table

   Sheau: my understanding is to get one column is x, one column
   is y, and each row is a graph

   Clarke: I am not sure which is easy way to see

   Kaz: I will do the easiest to see. There are options to draw
   graph. Maybe I can explore those options

   <kaz> ... simple graph or scatter one

   <kaz> ... may be 2-d or might be 3-d

   Sheau: I support the idea of graph, I am not sure which way to
   visualize it

   paul: bubble graph, x internal votes 0 to 44, y external votes
   0 to 20
   ... we also need to learn it once we have done it

   Clarke: we can do that, and take a look at it next time
   ... any other comments on the table?
   ... if not, let move on to the next topic

Requirements document

   <Clarke> [9]Requirements document


   Clarke: is there any track changes in google doc? I couldn't
   see what changes Giuseppe made
   ... he highlighted it
   ... looks like he re-organize it

   Paul: there is a revision history

   Clarke: let's toggle between them

   Clarke: I didn't notice anything that is obviously a change.
   Maybe we need Giuseppe to explain what changes he made next
   ... maybe I will ask him to point out what are the changes

   <scribe> ACTION: Clarke to ask Giuseppe to point out the
   changes of the requirement document [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-138 - Ask giuseppe to point out the
   changes of the requirement document [on Clarke Stevens - due

   Clarke: are there changes someone else made?

   Sheau: I assume the formatting will be cleaned up later, right?

   Clarke: right. Also we talked about the document organizational
   changes last time. Such as details are inconsistent
   ... Giuseppe wanted to normalize it a little bit
   ... referencing general standard
   ... we want to capture what need to be tested
   ... let's move on to schedule
   ... last week we had a proposal to get the table there. We are
   almost there.
   ... Is there an official format?

   Kaz: we can have an Editor Draft version. Later on, we can use
   HTML format to be more conformant to W3C style
   ... I can create a static HTML file based on that
   ... then we can ask webmaster to publish it

   Clarke: are you going to do it?
   ... If nobody else, I will work with Kaz, Giuseppe, Daniel on

   <scribe> ACTION: Clarke to work with Giuseppe, Kaz and Daniel
   to convert the table to HTML format [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-139 - Work with giuseppe, kaz and
   daniel to convert the table to html format [on Clarke Stevens -
   due 2013-09-04].

   Clarke: any other business?
   ... if not, thank you and we will have tasks for the next a
   couple weeks
   ... let's adjourn

   <Clarke> Thanks, bin

   <kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Clarke to ask Giuseppe to point out the changes
   of the requirement document [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: Clarke to work with Giuseppe, Kaz and Daniel to
   convert the table to HTML format [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: Kaz to add a graph for discussion [recorded in

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2013-08-28 13:55:12 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 13:57:11 UTC