Re: Standardize Buttons For TV-Web Remotes?

Hi Doung,
thanks for keeping us posted.

Please notify this group once that section of the spec is "complete".
I think there are participants from different TV industry organizations on
this list that could provide feedbacks on that section.

cheers,
/g

On Tue, 17 May 2011 12:58:46 +0200, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> [...]
>>> At this
>>> point, I presume that DVB-HTML usage is equal to or a subset of
>>> OCAP VKs.
>>>
>>> Note that I (personally) created the "Description" text for this
>>> table, so
>>> please consider this text to be a member contribution for direct
>>> use in the
>>> spec.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Glenn Adams (for Samsung)
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html
>>>
>>> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com
>>> <mailto:glenn@skynav.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> You're welcome. I am preparing an update that will add
>>> columns for MHEG-5,
>>> EBIF, and DVB-HTML as well. I hope to send this update out
>>> by early to mid
>>> next week.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Glenn
>>>

>>> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Doug Schepers
>>> <schepers@w3.org <mailto:schepers@w3.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Glenn, Mark, and Bob-
>>>
>>> Thank you very much, this is great information to have
>>> compiled and
>>> available; you really went above and beyond, here. I
>>> will try to integrate
>>> this feedback in an upcoming draft of DOM3 Events, and I
>>> will run it by this
>>> list for another round of feedback.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> -Doug
>>>
>>> Glenn Adams wrote (on 10/21/10 10:56 PM):
>>>
>>> with attachment
>>>
>>> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Glenn Adams
>>> <glenn@skynav.com <mailto:glenn@skynav.com>
>>> <mailto:glenn@skynav.com <mailto:glenn@skynav.com>>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Doug,
>>>
>>> In regard to your request for input on key events
>>> (both remote
>>> control and keyboard) for television, and in
>>> consultation with Mark
>>> Vickers (Comcast) and Bob Lund (Cable
>>> Laboratories), we have
>>> prepared a table of "Virtual Key Identifiers for
>>> Television Input"
>>> based on three industry standards:
>>>
>>> * OCAP, Open Cable Application Platform
>>> (a.k.a. /tru2way/)
>>> * CEA-2014, Web-based Protocol and Framework
>>> for Remote User
>>> Interface on UPnPTM Networks and the
>>> Internet (Web4CE)
>>> * ATSC A/100-2, DTV Application Software
>>> Environment Level 1
>>> (DASE-1) Part 2: Declarative Applications
>>> and Environment
>>>
>>> The attached table includes the full set of
>>> virtual key identifiers
>>> defined for use with these standards. In
>>> addition, certain of these
>>> identifiers are designated as being included in
>>> the minimum support
>>> provided by a device that implements one of these
>>> cited standards.
>>>
>>> If there are any follow-up questions, please let

>>> etc., for GoogleTV, AppleTV, and other
>>> systems (I know there are

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software - Sweden