Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Dual Screen Use Cases (was "Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Implementation Alternatives")

On 18 April 2011 12:41, Matt Hammond <matt.hammond@rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Some high-level use cases might help to frame what functionality we most
> want to enable.
>
> Following the suggested process, I have started a dual-screen applications
> use case page on the wiki, based on the use cases I posted before. This is
> also under the open discussions area of the wiki, and can be found here:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions

I've added a quick use case that crops up periodically, and seems
worth writing down:

http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions/UseCasesDualScreen#Use_Case:__Using_a_large_screen_to_display_media_from_smartphone

...basically sending photos, sound clips and videos from a smartphone
to other nearby device/system to play.

I haven't made any in depth analysis, but figured it's better to
record the basic idea in the shared wiki than to wait in the hope of
perfecting it offline first. I hope others do similarly, and we get a
good collection of raw ideas to explore.

cheers,

Dan