Re: ON DEADLINE—REQUEST FOR INTERVIEW—for TechNewsWorld (http://www.technewsworld.com/)

Hi Mr. Mello,

You've sent this message to the public mailing list of W3C's Improving
Web Advertising Business Group. While individuals are free to respond to
you directly, I'd note that anyone who does so is speaking on their own
behalf, and not as a representative of W3C or of this group.

Thanks,
--Wendy

On 1/25/21 12:21 PM, John mello wrote:
> I am doing a story for TechNewsWorld (http://www.technewsworld.com/)
> about Google's alternative to third-party tracking cookies. Do you have
> a subject expert available today to talk to me about this topic?
>
> My deadline is 3 p.m. ET.
>
> What do tracking cookies do and why do advertisers use them?
>
> Why do we need an alternative to third-party tracking cookies?
>
> How does Google's alternative to tracking cookies address privacy issues
> related to tracking cookies?
>
> What is FLEDGE and why do we need it?
>
> Google says advertisers can expect at least 95 percent of conversions
> per dollar spent on ads from its cookie alternative. Should we trust
> that number from Google?
>
> Thanks for taking the time to read this message.
>
> More information at:
>
> Building a privacy-first future for web advertising -
> https://blog.google/products/ads-commerce/2021-01-privacy-sandbox
>
> -- John P. Mello Jr.
>    phone: 401-769-8476
>    Twitter:  https://twitter.com/jpmello
>    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jpmello
>    Blog: https://jpmellojr.blogspot.com/

Strategy Lead and Counsel, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)