Use Cases for Online Advertising / Marketing 101

From: Wilfried Schobeiri <wschobeiri@mediamath.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 17:53:19 +0000
To: "public-web-adv@w3.org" <public-web-adv@w3.org>
All,

As promised, I have an early draft of a “marketing 101”-level overview, published here: https://github.com/w3c/web-advertising/pull/48,
which attempts to describe common forms of digital advertising, and the component pieces therein.

I realize this is too late to be discussed in today’s meeting, but I hope it serves as a useful primer and
set-up device to explain what business purposes some of the technology decisions we’ve made serve.
More to come on this end.

I welcome the contributions of others in helping to clarify some of the commercial context.

-Wil