From: Phil Archer <phil.archer@gs1.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:48 PM
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: public-web-adv@w3.org
Subject: Packaging and advertising?

Hi Ivan,

I've just been on an initial call for Liam's new Web Advertising BG where we're beginning to think about possible use cases. It's early days and the direction of travel is not yet clear, but one topic that came up was that of the integrity of an ad - delivering a set of resources. That made me think of the DPub work on packaging.

Some questions (to which I couldn't find the answers)

- is this still a hot topic in DPub?
- is it too late to think about use cases?
- is/was advertising ever thought of as a use case?
- presumably a package can include, among other things, a chunk of JSON-LD describing the advertised product?

In short: what's the status of the work on packaging, please?

Thanks

Phil

--
Phil Archer
Director Omni Channel Retail

http://philarcher.org

+44 (0)7887 767755
@philarcher1
Skype: philarcher

CONFIDENTIALITY / DISCLAIMER: The contents of this e-mail are  confidential and are not to be regarded as a contractual offer or acceptance from GS1 (registered in Belgium).
If you are not the addressee, or if this has been copied or sent to you in error, you must not use data herein for any purpose, you must delete it, and should inform the sender.
GS1 disclaims liability for accuracy or completeness, and opinions expressed are those of the author alone.
GS1 may monitor communications.
Third party rights acknowledged.
(c) 2016.