Re: ACTION-57: User Interface Component definition

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 23:56:53 -0400
Cc: "public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org" <public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org>
To: Andrea Snow-Weaver <asnowweaver@gmail.com>
If it isn't used in any success criterion -- and only in intent etc. - I'm not sure that we need to define it.  Definitions are normative -- because they are used in success criteria.

So I don't know if we need to define terms we use in the intent section.  Perhaps if we just but an "(e.g.  ) after the terms we introduce and don't worry about terms that are already in he Intent section.

For the terms in  Principles or Guidelines -- (also only informative) - we might use the same strategy -- or define them.

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison
Technical Director - Cloud4all Project - http://Cloud4all.info
Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International - http://Raisingthefloor.org
and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project -  http://GPII.net