Re: Closed non-embedded content???

Hi,

Sorry for being late in this thread, but here are my "two cents".

I agree with Gregg and Peter. The non-web non-embedded content can be
closed (by DRM) to accessibility features such as speech output. Of course
it is the user agent who will make this "closure" happen. But if the
content has the "voice output disabled" bit, then the user agent will be
unable to provide non-visual access (of course, if the user agent behaves
properly according to DRM). And, as Peter says, this is a "classical"
example of "closed by policy".

To me this is not different to interactivity. Non-web non-embedded content,
according to our definition, can be interactive, but the interactivity will
only happen when the user agent is presenting the content.

Best regards,
Loïc

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Peter Korn <peter.korn@oracle.com> wrote:

>  Mike,
>
> The DRM examples that Gregg raises in this thread arise from a combination
> of the document & the user agent.  In order for the DRM to work, the
> document (and any transmission of the document) needs to be encrypted, with
> the user agent doing the decryption.  And the situations in which the DRM
> does certain types of decryption depends upon the document.
>
> Perhaps this is more "closed by policy" (of the rights holder), but the
> "closing bit or flag" is within the document.
>

> Peter
>

> On 10/19/2012 5:48 AM, Michael Pluke wrote:
>
>  Is there such a thing as non-Web non-embedded content that is closed?****
>
> ** **
>
> Can anyone think of any examples? We need to answer this question
> urgently. In all the cases that we can think of it is the device (i.e. the
> user agent) that is closed.****
>
> ** **
>
> Best regards****
>
> ** **
>
> Mike****
>

> --
> [image: Oracle] <http://www.oracle.com>
> Peter Korn | Accessibility Principal
> Phone: +1 650 5069522 <+1%20650%205069522>
> 500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood City, CA 94065
> [image: Green Oracle] <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is
> committed to developing practices and products that help protect the
> environment

Loïc Martínez-Normand
DLSIIS. Facultad de Informática
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid