RE: New Technique for 2.4.5, Supplementing link text with the title attribute

Hi, Becky.

Yes, I think we may be interpreting the technique differently (or maybe
we're interpreting the SC differently?), and we'll need to talk about it
on the call in a few minutes.

The problem is that I think the SC as currently worded allows "Click
here" links as well as multiple links with identical link text (screen
or alt) where the links actually go to different targets. I don't like
it at all, but so   far have been unable to persuade the Working Group.

I still haven't figured out what it means to say that the description of
the destination is "associated with the link" in a meaningful way--
i.e., both useful for users with disabilities and testable.

More on the call-- it's almost time.

JOhn

"Good design is accessible design."
John Slatin, Ph.D.