[wbs] response to 'Approval for publication of WCAG-EM 1.0 as a W3C Working Group Note'

From: Detlev Fischer via WBS Mailer <webmaster@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:39:01 +0000
To: public-wcag-em-comments@w3.org,shadi@w3.org,e.velleman@accessibility.nl
The following answers have been successfully submitted to 'Approval for
publication of WCAG-EM 1.0 as a W3C Working Group Note' (public) for Detlev
Fischer.

> ---------------------------------
> Abstract
> ----

 * (x) accept this section
 * ( ) accept this section with the following suggestions
 * ( ) I do not accept this section for the following reasons
 * ( ) I abstain (not vote)

> ---------------------------------
> Introduction
> ----

 * (x) accept this section
 * ( ) accept this section with the following suggestions
 * ( ) I do not accept this section for the following reasons
 * ( ) I abstain (not vote)

> ---------------------------------
> Using This Methodology
> ----

 * (x) accept this section
 * ( ) accept this section with the following suggestions
 * ( ) I do not accept this section for the following reasons
 * ( ) I abstain (not vote)

> ---------------------------------
> Scope of Applicability
> ----

 * (x) accept this section
 * ( ) accept this section with the following suggestions
 * ( ) I do not accept this section for the following reasons
 * ( ) I abstain (not vote)

> ---------------------------------
> Step 1: Define the Evaluation Scope
> ----

 * ( ) accept this section
 * ( ) accept this section with the following suggestions
 * ( ) I do not accept this section for the following reasons
 * ( ) I abstain (not vote)

> ---------------------------------
> Step 2: Explore the Target Website
> ----

 * (x) accept this section
 * ( ) accept this section with the following suggestions
 * ( ) I do not accept this section for the following reasons
 * ( ) I abstain (not vote)

> ---------------------------------
> Step 3: Select a Representative Sample
> ----

 * ( ) accept this section
 * (x) accept this section with the following suggestions
 * ( ) I do not accept this section for the following reasons
 * ( ) I abstain (not vote)

Location: Step 3.b: Include a Randomly Selected Sample

Current wording: "The number of web pages and web page states to randomly
select is 10% of the structured sample selected through the previous steps,
with a minimum of 5 instances of web pages and web page states."

Suggested revisions::
* Amend the requirement of a minimum of 5 randomly selected instances of
web pages and web page states to account for sites that will require a vera
small sample. (Possibly in a note.)
* Clarify what selecting a random sample of states means when creating a
sample for web apps.

Rationale: For some sites, the page sample can be very small: think of a
blog which uses just one template and contains only text.  Such a blog may
just have the default view, a selected blog entry, and maybe search results
page.  A minimum of 5 randomly selected pages / states does not make sense
in such a case.
For web apps, it is not clear how the evaluator should select states
randomly. I can think of no procedure as there is usually not a list of
URLs, search hits or similar to work from.

> ---------------------------------
> Step 4: Audit the Selected Sample
> ----

 * (x) accept this section
 * ( ) accept this section with the following suggestions
 * ( ) I do not accept this section for the following reasons
 * ( ) I abstain (not vote)

> ---------------------------------
> Step 5: Report the Evaluation Findings
> ----

 * (x) accept this section
 * ( ) accept this section with the following suggestions
 * ( ) I do not accept this section for the following reasons
 * ( ) I abstain (not vote)

> Remaing Comments
> ----
> Provide any remaining comments that you may have.

Comments:

> These answers were last modified on 30 June 2014 at 17:37:35 U.T.C.
> by Detlev Fischer

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WCAG-EM-20140623/ until 2014-06-30.

 Regards,

 The Automatic WBS Mailer