Re: (X)HTML to EARL via XSLT

Hi Vicente,

At 17:00 3/05/2006, Vicente Luque Centeno wrote:
<quote>
Yes, it is possible to rewrite my XSLT templates into Schematron rules (and
some other constraint languages as well), but I am not volunteeing either
;-). I think that making a hierarchy of XSLT files would be easier. At
least XSLT has a wider tool support than Schematron and is a W3C
recommendation by itself. Anyway, can you give us some reference that
explains how Schematron rules can generate EARL reports by default?
</quote>

I thought that Schematron support is a non-issue because all you need is an
XSLT that turns the Schematron file into the actual validator/XSLT file
that generates the output you want.
The idea is that you
1) first create your Web Accessibility Schematron (wa.sch),
2) create schematron-earl.xslt,
3) "compile" your schematron, e.g. with C:\saxon wa.sch
schematron-earl.xslt > wa-earl.xslt
4) then "validate" the XHTML page, e.g. with C:\saxon bad.xhtml
wa-earl.xslt > bad.xhtml.earl.

The difficult part is writing schematron-earl.xslt. As far as I know there
are XSLTs for HTML (schematron-report.xsl), XML (schematron-xml.xsl) and
plain text (schematron-basic.xsl).

There is already a small Schematron example for checking against WCAG 1.0
referenced at the bottom of
http://xml.ascc.net/schematron/1.5/message1-5/schematron-message.html.

Regards,

Christophe