Re: (X)HTML to EARL via XSLT

I have already translated most of my XSLT templates into Schematron rules
(only in a paper, bummer ;-) and into XQuery expressions. However, I have
no idea about how Schematron support can be got with XSLT tools. Another
important thing: How can variables be represented in Schematron? There are
some XSLT expresions that require the usage of multiple variables and the
"current()" Schematron expression is not enough when I need to use more
than one variable. Could you help me on that? Could you translate the
following rule into Schematron?

<xsl:for-each select="//xhtml:select | //xhtml:textarea |
         //xhtml:input[@type='password' or
             @type='text' or
             @type='checkbox' or
             @type='radio' or
             @type='file']">
  <xsl:variable name="ff" select="." />
  <xsl:variable name="labels" select="//xhtml:label[@for = $ff/@id]"/>
  <xsl:if test="count($labels)&gt;1 or (count($labels)=0 and not(@title))">
    <li><xsl:apply-templates select="$ff" mode="print" /> has
    <strong><xsl:value-of select="count($labels)" /></strong> labels.</li>
    <xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

If this rule is expressible in Schematron, please, tell me how. It states
that any non-hidden form field without a title attribute, should have a
label describing its purpose. $ff is each form field. $labels is the set
of labels referring $ff.

I could easily modify my XSLT file to produce EARL reports as well (the
wa-earl.xslt file of the step 4 you already mentioned). Maybe in few hours
I could easily get it to produce "rude" EARL reports. But I also felt that
I would not be able to exploit all the EARL features and I'd rather have
well ellaborated EARL reports instead of "rude" EARL reports.

Thanks a lot.

Vicente Luque Centeno
Dep. Ingeniería Telemática
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid