Re: First Working Draft of EARL 1.0 Requirements

Overall I see no reason not to publish this, nor why it was not published
this two months ago as required my our charter.

A couple of comments - none of these should hold back publication, since
this is a working draft which is in itself meant to allow for further
comment and refinement.

On Fri, 27 May 2005 20:04:33 +0200, Sailesh Panchang
<sailesh.panchang@deque.com> wrote:

> D07 = EARL 1.0 will implement features to support internationalization of
> the specification and the test reports.
> Comment: Consider splitting these into two separate statements- one for
> specification and one for test reports. They will become
> more understandable

Agreed that this is not entirely clear.

> F03 = EARL 1.0 should support persitency of the results with respect to
> changes in the subjects.
> Comment: Does this mean:
> "EARL 1.0 should provide a mechanism through which variations in results
> can be traced to changes in subjects."

As I understand this, in the context of following all the discussion, it
means

  "EARL 1.0 should provide a mechanism through which results which are
associated with a particular part of the subject can still be localised in
a machine readable way after some change to the subject".

This might be a case where a few sentences and an example are helpful.

--
Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com
   Here's one we prepared earlier:   http://www.opera.com/download