Re: Confidence claims in EARL assertions

Hi Shadi

ons, 25,.05.2005 kl. 16.49 +0200, skrev Shadi Abou-Zahra:
> > What are your views on how data can be aggregated?
>
> Indeed, it is a tricky issue. Should we implement some form of earl:confidence property
> then we must ensure we have a mechanism to aggregate it. For example, by defining reasonable
>  data types. However, I don't think that the aggregation "policy" should be part of EARL.
> Not even part of WCAG.
>
> It may make a lot of sense to release a Working Group Note or similar document on a possible
> strategy for using the earl:confidence property in the context of WCAG (if we should
> implement it), but EARL should be not limited to that one use case.
>
> Do you share the same view?

Yes, I believe that a W3C working group note on aggregation of
accessibility assessment data is the right way to go ahead. It would be
very useful to have a W3C strategy on this.

What is required to release a Working Group Note on aggregation, and
what are the further procedures?

Would the ERT group stand behind such a note, or is it outside of scope,
so that it must be done under another working group (e.g. WAI or EOWG)
or a new one?

What would be your gut-feeling for a time frame for getting something
started on this?

Best regards,
--
Nils Ulltveit-Moe <nils@u-moe.no>