Re: RDF Structure (was Extension property: "using")

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:54:00 +0200, Chris Ridpath
<chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> OK. I'm starting to get it - finally. Using RDF buys you a lot but at
> the expense of XML interoperability.

Effectively. There is some great work by Damian Steer on reading RDF with
pure XML systems, but it requires a fairly advanced level of XML. There is
some more visionary - in the sense of less complete and functional :-) -
work on using Xforms to do some of this by Charles McCathieNevile. I would
look for Damian's work on Treehugger if you are really interested.

> I hear Charles' concerns regarding the treatment of RDF as simply XML
> but we're going to need this interim solution until more RDF processing
> tools are available.

Hmm. I think that there are quite a lot of RDF processors out there,
especially for the sort of thing we currently do. But anyway...

> Is there anyone that has a schema they're using for EARL?

We haven't written an XML schema for what we produce with Hera, but it
does come out prety regular still. Bit by bit this is changing -
eventually you are going to be building RDF processing in your XML system,
so it might be time to lok at moving tosomething designed for that from
the ground up. (That way you have transition time :-)

I'll send a sample output to the list seperately, and annotate it a bit...

cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org