Re: Adding more information about TestSubject

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:20:11 +1000, Charles McCathieNevile
<charles@sidar.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:26:17 +1000, Johannes Koch
> <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>
>> With HTTP, the content of a resource is not defined with a URL but may
>> vary not only over time, but also with Accept* headers, cookies or POST
>> parameters. Would it be better to include this information as
>> properties of TestSubject? Should there be a way to include the content
>> that was actually tested in the EARL report?
>
> Yes, and yes.
>
> With the reprOf for Webcontent it should be reasonably easy to add sme
> HTTP properties to cover the headers that are sent or received. I think
> that these properties are already used in Annotea, so we don't even have
> to define them for ourselves.
>
> Including the content itself is another question. Particularly if we are
> looking at Web pages that incorporate media objects, scripts and styles,
> it becomes quite complex.
>
> On the other hand I can't think of a reason not to be able do this, and
> again Annotea might provide an interesting model. (What they actually do
> in the annotea server is store a page, and some metadata that happens to
> be based on HTTP).

I went looking for pointers to the documentation. Some of it is documented
in the Annotea schema - http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotation-ns# - but a
lot of it seems undocumented - all I could find were examples in the
Annotea protocol document -
http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/User/Protocol.html - but it seems pretty
straightforward. If we decided to use this approach we might do the
annotea community a favour as well as ourselves, by writing up a
documented schema...

cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org