Re: DRAFT Agenda for the Process Call Wednesday 12th February 7am PDT

> On Feb 12, 2020, at 6:00 AM, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Note that there is no current proposal that this should be brought to the AC for approval.  I hope that we get AC reps who have not been involved in the discussion to comment and add their ideas

Thanks for the clarification.  I thought you were asking for CG consensus that the draft is ready for final approval by the AB and AC. I don’t agree with that, but agree it’s time to encourage wider review of the draft by the AC and WG members who would be affected by it.

I do think you’re trying to rush PSIG with the patent policy changes. I guess you can see how their F2F goes to get a sense of what a plausible timeline might be.  All I can say is that I’ve spent several years now trying to push lawyers to move faster on WHATWG issues. I learned that it takes as long as it’s gonna take for attorneys who represent each other’s biggest business competitors — but whose biggest threat are non-practicing entities —  to come to agreement on things that gain them nothing quantifiable but could cost billions if they leave an exploitable loophole open.