Re: DRAFT Agenda for the Process Call Wednesday 12th February 7am PDT

On 2/12/2020 9:45 AM, Michael Champion wrote:

>> On Feb 12, 2020, at 6:00 AM, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org
>> <mailto:jeff@w3.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Note that there is no current proposal that this should be brought to
>> the AC for approval.  I hope that we get AC reps who have not been
>> involved in the discussion to comment and add their ideas
>

> Thanks for the clarification.  I thought you were asking for CG
> consensus that the draft is ready for final approval by the AB and AC.
> I don’t agree with that, but agree it’s time to encourage wider review
> of the draft by the AC and WG members who would be affected by it.
>
> I do think you’re trying to rush PSIG with the patent policy changes.

Yes, we'll see how it goes.

The PSIG timetable is partially driven by them.  They worked hard last
spring developing a PP for Evergreen.  When we moved from EG to ET, they
didn't want to again work hard unless we were stable with ET.  They held
off until November when the AB told them that ET was the stable
direction (with some details still TBD).  So they have only restarted in
December.  But it is at least based on their work from last spring.