Re: "Removed statement there is one vote per available seat" - was Re: W3C Process 2018

Indeed, in the past I voted for the candidates I thought would most help the function of the group (TAG or AB), and would most help balance or fill in needs.

Which is why, for me, our inability to allow equal-choice voting is the most worrying. I don’t mind STV, and I think the way that it tends to prefer least-bad outcomes and elect generally acceptable candidates may help. But without equal-choice, I am really only able to affect the election of one or two candidates, and when there are four seats, that feels strange.

> On Sep 30, 2017, at 18:00 , Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sep 30, 2017 3:14 PM, "Johnson, Rick" <Rick.Johnson@ingramcontent.com> wrote:
> You are not an outlier.  This is exactly how I think about candidates in an election as well.
>
> -Rick
>
> On 9/30/17, 10:54 AM, "Michael Champion" <michaelc.champion@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Maybe I’m an outlier on the AC, but I just don’t think in terms of ranking candidates, I think about the set of people with the combination of qualities needed for the TAG or AB, and whether they would work well together.
>

> I'm not an AC, but that's exactly how I think about it and I believe I may have even written about this once or twice.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.