What are the specific Issues re (re-)chartering? [Was: Re: Limiting Charter extensions]

On 12/21/14 12:36 PM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> It takes a long time because it's complex, there are a lot of documents
> involved in the AC review, the constraints on rechartering are not
> light,

Hi Daniel,

I agree the chartering constraints in [PD-2014] don't appear to be
designed/optimized for a WG like the CSSWG, thus I support addressing at
least some of the concerns you raise (preferably in PD.Next).

FYI, I just scanned the PD Issues list [Issues] and I did not notice any
charter related Open issues. As such, perhaps it would be helpful if you
created specific Tracker issue(s) that capture your concerns, and/or
submit explicit change requests (against [PD-2014]) to this list (with
appropriate Subject: headings).

Lastly, re the CSSWG's latest [CSS-Charter], given the nature of that
group, as an AC rep, it would be acceptable to me if the exhaustive
timeline in 2.7 was eliminated. I also could live with less detailed
Milestones data (and limit the data to only CR publication guestimates).
(One editorial change I would make is to emphasize the CSS Roadmap
document is *the* best source of data re the status of the group's specs
- as is done in [WebApps-Charter].)

-Thanks, AB

[PD-2014] <http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#WGCharterDevelopment>
[Issues] <https://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues>