Re: An update on Suggested response to the Yandex "cannot iive with loosening of TAG participation requiremens"

Why not leave it as is in what goes to AC Review (but fixing a couple of
errors), but start a separate AC poll now on the alternatives (quick
poll, start now in AC and end before AC meeting).  That will make the AC
aware of it and give the Director specific feedback from the AC on that
particular issue.

Possible wording for poll -- I wouldn't include historical background --
just the poll.  It's already long.

[[
When due to change in affiliation, a W3C Member has more than 1 employee
on either the TAG or AB or has a single employee on both the TAG and AB,
the current Process constraints require ceasing work immediately that
violates the participation constraint. There are a number of
alternatives that have been proposed changing that rule.

Option 1.  constraint on participation is violated due to change in
affiliation, one person stops work immediately and vacate the seat
within 30 days (a special election is not required, but the Chair can
ask for it).  This is the current Process.

"If, for whatever reason, these constraints are not satisfied (e.g.,
because a TAG or AB participant changes jobs), one participant MUST
cease TAG or AB participation until the situation has been resolved. If
after 30 days the situation has not been resolved, the Chair will
declare one participant's seat to be vacant." (current Process 2.5.1)

"When an Advisory Board or TAG participant changes affiliations, as long
as Advisory Board and TAG participation constraints are respected, the
individual MAY continue to participate until the next regularly
scheduled election for that group. Otherwise, the seat is vacated."
(current Process 2.5.3)

1) favor that as the policy;
2) fine, don't care;
3) don't like it but can live with it;
4) do not want it.

Option 2. constraint on participation is violated due to change in
affilation, this is allowed until the next election. This is the
proposal in the proposed Process.

"If, for whatever reason, these constraints are not satisfied (e.g.,
because an AB participant changes jobs), one participant must cease AB
participation until the situation has been resolved. If after 30 days
the situation has not been resolved, the Chair will declare one
participant's seat to be vacant." (proposed Process 2.5.1, 3 March 2015
Editor's Draft)  -- this is an error - assume for this poll it is
consistent with the next quote.

"When an Advisory Board or TAG participant changes affiliations, as long
as Advisory Board and TAG participation constraints are respected, the
individual may continue to participate until the next regularly
scheduled election for that group. Otherwise, the seat is vacated."
(proposed Process 2.5.3, 3 March 2015 Editor's Draft)  -- there is an
error here too - the idea is they don't have to leave until the next
election.

1) favor that as the policy;
2) fine, don't care;
3) don't like it but can live with it;
4) do not want it.

Option 3) constraint on participation is violated, this is allowed until
the term expires (so not the next election if not up for re-election
until the term after that).

1) favor that as the policy;
2) fine, don't care;
3) don't like it but can live with it;
4) do not want it.

Option 4) constraint on participation is violated -- remove the
constraints and allow Member to have more than one employee in either
group and allow the same person in both groups.

1) favor that as the policy;
2) fine, don't care;
3) don't like it but can live with it;
4) do not want it.