Re: w3process-ISSUE-124 (WHATWG-blacklist): Normative Reference policy should explicitly black list WHATWG specs [Normative Reference Policy]

On 9/8/2014 9:21 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 9/8/14 9:17 AM, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
>> The big problem here is not public v private.  The big problem is
>> that Art's comments are inaccurate.
>
> Oh dear ;-)
>
> Would you please then clarify which items of the [NRP] checklist
> disqualify WHATWG's URL spec from being acceptable in the HTML5 PR?

The word "disqualify" is not the right word.  The Director weighs the
considerations in the NRP document.  No single condition is a black and
white disqualification.

To my knowledge the Director has not looked at the WHATWG URL document
from the perspective of normative references.  But on a call last Friday
(which involved Team, and Chairs from WebApps and HTML - but not the
Director) it was suggested that there were several conditions in the NRP
document that would not apply.