Re: w3process-ISSUE-148 (Consider Liaisons): Consider Liaison when deciding who should review a REC Track document [Process Document]

W3C liaison handling is, at best, very weak.  I have seen formal, careful, liaisons, from other groups, replied to with quite casual emails. If we want to use liaisons and the power they offer, we need to get better at writing and responding to them, alas.

> On Nov 16, 2014, at 22:18 , Revising W3C Process Community Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:
>
> w3process-ISSUE-148 (Consider Liaisons): Consider Liaison when deciding who should review a REC Track document [Process Document]
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/148
>
> Raised by: Steve Zilles
> On product: Process Document
>
> It was noted[1] that W3C keeps a list of Liaisons[2] with organizations requesting liaisons with W3C groups and/or activities.
> [1]
> [2]
>
> The text of the first paragraph of Section 7.2.3.1 Wide Review currently reads:
>
> "The requirements for wide review are not precisely defined by the W3C Process. The objective is to ensure that the entire set of stakeholders of the Web community, including the general public, have had adequate notice of the progress of the Working Group and thereby an opportunity to comment on the specification. Before approving transitions, the Director will consider who has been explicitly offered a reasonable opportunity to review the document, who has provided comments, the record of requests to and responses from reviewers, especially groups identified as dependencies in the charter, and seek evidence of clear communication to the general public about appropriate times and which content to review."
>
> To include Liaisons in the final sentence, it is suggested that the phrase, "especially groups identified as dependencies in the charter," be changed to, "especially groups identified as dependencies in the charter or identified as <a href="http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison.html">liaisons</a>,"
>
> The "href" refers to the Liaison page that tracks liaison requests made to the W3C.

Dave Singer

singer@mac.com