Updated [Was: UI Mockup [Was: CfC: create a public list to announce new publications; deadline Oct 15]]

On Nov 4, 2014, at 4:08 PM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2014, at 6:09 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the spirit of facilitating and increasing the likelihood of early and wide document reviews, a number of people in thread [1] voiced support for creating a Public list the Publications team would use to announce publications of FPWDs, LCWDs, 2014-preCRs and CRs. This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to create such a list and for the Publications team to use it when these types of documents are published.
>>
>> If anyone has any comments or concerns about this CfC, please reply by Oct 15.
>>
>> Assuming this CfC `passes`, a secondary issue is the name of the list. I am indifferent and offer these possibilities: public-{pubs,publications}; other suggestions are welcome and encouraged.
>
> Hi Art,
>
> Here's a rudimentary UI to make it easier for chairs and team contacts to send these review notices:
> http://www.w3.org/2014/11/getreview/

Some updates:

* List name: public-review-announce@w3.org

FAQ:

===
Q. Am I required to use this list to get wide review?
A. No.

Q. Does announcing a publication on this review list constitute wide review?
A. No. The announcement is merely an invitation to review. The W3C Process expects actual reviews to happen.

Q. Can we send this call for review for any type of publication?
A. Yes, except Recommendation.
===

Anything else to add to the FAQ?

Ian

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447