Re: Require security review before FPWD

On 11/03/2014 02:37 AM, David Singer wrote:
> At the risk of repeating myself: on a page that lists documents that are up
> for some sort of review, with the deadlines, we could have explicit “XXX
> review” listed, where XXX is accessibility, i18n, security, privacy, etc.

Sure, no problem.

> It would be helpful if somehow we could find the most recent such review
> for a document, as then it ought to be possible to work out whether it’s
> still an adequate review for the document at hand.

Well, we're trying to figure out early reviews here, not making sure the
reviews continue to hold (which is a reasonable idea, but probably the
cross-WG groups conducting the reviews should work that out themselves).

> What we are trying to achieve is that by the time of Rec publication,
> the appropriate reviews have been done and the issues they raised resolved,
> not that the issues be raised at a particular stage.

Um, no. What we are trying to achieve is that by the time of widespread
implementation, the appropriate reviews have been done and the issues
they raised resolved. This is considerably earlier than REC.

~fantasai