Re: On Call for Consensus - "Use 'Schulze STV' for voting"

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 17:22:49 +0200, Wayne Carr
<wayne.carr@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> This is a suggestion to the AB to ask for an AC poll on using Schulze
> STV one time for the next TAG election. (or the next cycle, TAG and AB,
> if proponents prefer that).

Formally, this requires a change to the Process. I don't think it is a
complex change, if there is clear consensus for it, but it may be a
difficult way to get information. And drawing a lot of conclusions from a
single election is limited by the circumstances of the individual election.

I don't object to the idea, and would support it, but I would like us to
have more longitudinal data too, which is why I think collecting better
data over a series of elections would *probably* be more useful.

(I'm still thinking about all this - at some point I will look for a CfC
when I have a clear question that I think is the right one, but others are
welcome to make one in the meantime. I'll send a different message about
'process' in this group to clarify people can do it).

cheers

Chaals