Re: Proposal to create Public list for the AB [Was: Re: w3process-ISSUE-104 (AB-transparency): AB should conduct all non-sensitive e-mail on a Public or Member list [Advisory Board]]

On 2014-07-18 09:31, Chris Wilson wrote:
> My preference would still be to remove member-ab and use public-ab,
> because I believe otherwise public-ab will go largely unused.  But I
> approve of the rest.  (Incidentally, the "public" can speak on
> public-ab, but you would need to sign the CLA and join the
> revising-process CG to speak on public-w3process, I believe.)

People don't have to sign the CLA and join the CG to post to
public-w3process.  From the list of mail lists: "public-w3process
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-w3process/>" "This is the
public mailing list for the Revising W3C Process Community Group
<http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/>. Anyone may read or write to
this list. "

There's (obviously) no point in having to sign the CLA to join a CG that
doesn't produce specs (since the CLA is about contributions to specs).
That's to be fixed at some point.  If a CG didn't have to involve
agreeing to patent licensing, a single CG with a couple of mail lists
may be nice just to keep it in one place. (e.g. a list for detailed
process discussions and another for more general topics including major
decisions for process).