Re: w3process-ISSUE-104 (AB-transparency): AB should conduct all non-sensitive e-mail on a Public or Member list [Advisory Board]

I have no problem with the AB conducting most of its business in the open, but the AB is about governance, not technical specs or architecture.  I don’t think we need to bikeshed this, but just adopt as a matter of practice that most matters are discussed in public.

On Jul 9, 2014, at 11:09 , Nottingham, Mark <mnotting@akamai.com> wrote:

> On 9 Jul 2014, at 11:29 am, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to understand better what this means.  Everyone can improve and
>> we are no exception.  But I don't understand what you mean when you say
>> that we are out of touch with the "real" web.  And if the statement is
>> true that sounds like a deeper problem than just having the AB work in
>> the open.  In your view, what would put us in better touch with the
>> "real" web?
>
> Didn't say we are -- just that there's a perception out there.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Mark Nottingham    mnot@akamai.com    https://www.mnot.net/

David Singer