Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Call for Consensus: Proposed Process Change Regarding TAG Participation Rules; Respond by December 8, 2014

On 12/12/2014 12:37 PM, Olle Olsson wrote:

> Anyway, /post factum/, "I can live with the proposal"  -- if I still
> remember what it was ;-)
> The phrase is, I believe, "I agree".

To be clear, I don't agree with Dan's proposal, but I can live with it.

By contrast, I do agree with what Chaals has outlined[1].  There are
even a few ways I would go further.

At the ASF, all board seats are up for reelection each year.  There are
no seats reserved for nomination by the Directors.  Any stakeholder in
the ASF can nominate themselves or as many people as they like.  The ASF
uses the term "Member" for stakeholder, the closest equivalent at the
W3C would at a minimum include all chairs.  We also use a proportional
voting system, like Chaals has advocated.

With a proportional voting system coupled with every seat being up for
election each year means that any influence a company could attempt to
get would be temporary at best.

> /olle

- Sam Ruby

[1]