Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Call for Consensus: Proposed Process Change Regarding TAG Participation Rules; Respond by December 8, 2014

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:04:29 +0100
To: public-w3process@w3.org
On 10/12/14 20:09, David Singer wrote:

> People are good but not perfect. In another context, I might think, for example, I am sensitive to racism and sexism but I am also aware I am, in fact, a white male. We seek diversity because of the unconscious biases, the blind spots, lacunae, and so on. I think the same is true here. Itís prudent.

Sorry, I feel the argument of prudence is becoming a big burden at W3C.

We are always so prudent we take years and sometimes decades to
experiment, to implement changes. Nothing at W3C can happen in less
than six months. It's also one of the reasons why we have the WHATWG
around. Here, in the name of prudence, we are 'a priori' cautious of
individuals instead of implementing a feedback loop that could detect
such wrong behaviours and deal with them. We are so prudent we don't
even trust the chairs of the TAG and AB to detect such wrong behaviours
and take appropriate measures, including reporting to W3M for action.

So sorry, I do NOT buy that prudence arguments for two committees that
are advisory for the first one, and have the Director aboard for the
second one.

</Daniel>