Re: Comments on 6 December 2013 Chapter 7 draft

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 23:07:35 +0400, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2013, at 4:54 AM, Charles McCathie Nevile
> <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:09:30 +0400, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
>> [nsip]

>>> I stand corrected. Our transitions document already says for FPWD:
>>>
>>> "In order to facilitate peer review, once the document has been
>>> published, the Chair sends a transition announcement to chairs@w3.org
>>> and the group's public mailing list."
>>>
>>> Since it's in the transitions documentation, can we remove it from the
>>> process document?
>>
>> IMHO, No. It should be in the process, so that it doesn't stop
>> happening e.g. because someone just decides that it isn't necessary
>> since the news is already on the home page or something.
>
> Appearance in the process document will have no practical impact on
> publications since people don't consult the process document
> when publishing.

And other people (existence proof: Me) do.

People certainly look at the process document from time to time and ask
why it wasn't followed.

> While I don't think it's necessary (and adds to the length of the
> process document) I don't object to having it there as the justification
> for the existing pubrules requirement.

OK. Anyway, I haven't figured out how to resolve the issue, so it is still
raised (I'd like to Open it, but I am waiting on SteveZ to call a meeting
or find a process to agree things between meetings).

cheers

Chaals