Re: Spec organizations and prioritization

On Saturday, 24 March 2012 at 19:57, Rand McRanderson wrote:

> Does w3c have a policy for asking third-parties for their tests? I
> imagine one requirement for spec tests is that you can run regression
> tests and/or adjust tests to changes in specs, so just citing third
> party results might not be sufficient.

Probably not, but we are looking at "good enough" interop now as a way moving quickly forward to REC. This does not mean that the W3C would stop working on an authoritative test suite.
> But there are some cases where
> tests are open-source and/or organizations may be willing to contribute
> their tests.

Sure. I don't see why they wouldn't- given that they are building on W3C stuff in the first place :)

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au