Re: Spec organizations and prioritization

hi kenny,

> The way I (and others) approached this is by forking part of the HTML
> > standard and demonstrating our ability to maintain it and address
> > feedback more effectively than Ian. That's how you do this.
>

> And the only such a fork from a non-browser related person was Areyh
> Gregor's Editing API spec, but he doesn't really count as a non-browser
> person for a while now because he got contracted by Google and then
> Mozilla.

I am a non browser related person

I forked the HTML spec in regards to the alt text requirements:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/alt-techniques/
and have developed it and addressed feedback.

I have also been working with others to develop the HTML to Platform
accessibility API [
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-api-map/raw-file/tip/Overview.html]
specification as this is not an area of HTML implementation in browsers
that Ian is interested in or thought worthy of specifying in HTML5.

 So it can and does happen

regards
stevef

--