Re: Features vs specs

On Tuesday, 20 March 2012 at 11:54, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> Hi marcos,
>
> > Hypothetically, how could we do better at the W3C? What mistakes is the WHATWG making that their stability labels are inaccurate?
>
> The main mistakes appear to be:
> Providing feature implementation information that is not up to date.
> Not clearly defining how the various states are derived. [1]
> No apparent QA of the information, no one is responsible?
>
> So how could it be done better:
> Ensuring that if information is up to date and if not, providing a clear indication that it is not.

I guess this would need some kind of voting/reporting system? This is a moving target.
> Clear definition of the various states and steps to define them, taking into account a real definition of "interoperable implementation"

I guess 2 or more things (of different DNA) that are able to pass a set of given tests (and that those tests are computationally representative of the feature being tested)?
> Ensuring if such information is to be provided , there is responsibility taken for its accuracy.

This seems to be a failing on relying on the community (maybe… as people can submit corrections).