Re: Spec organizations and prioritization

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 03:48:54 -0700, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
wrote:
> The W3C Patent Policy only protects specs once they have reached the
> final stage of the standardization process (Recommendation status).
>
> It implies that to protect as well as possible implementers and users of
> the technologies we develop, we need to bring our specs to
> Recommendation status as fast as possible (without compromising their
> quality obviously).

Your email assumes the current process stays in place and then provides
guidelines around that. Isn't the point of public-w3process to fix the
current process? E.g. we tried something like what you described for
XMLHttpRequest, but it did not really go anywhere and ended up wasting a
lot of time by having to produce separate drafts for Level 1 and 2,
dealing with the various draft stages, etc.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/