Re: Is there an RDF downloadable version of schema.org vocabulary?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 09:51:59 +0100
To: Martin Hepp <mfhepp@gmail.com>
Cc: Niels Andersen <niels@thinkiq.com>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On 10 April 2016 at 09:34, Martin Hepp <mfhepp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Niels:
>
>> http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html
>
> is RDF in the form of RDFa embedded in HTML. While there may be ontology editors that can't handle RDFa, it is a perfectly valid RDF syntax.
>
> You can use the tool
>
>     http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/
>
> to convert this into any other popular RDF syntax, namely RDF/XML or Turtle.
>
> But please use the service selectively; it runs on free quota on appspot.com and might have to cease its operation if we run over quota.
>
> Note that schema.org uses a proprietary pattern for domain and range modeling.

It does indeed - sorry I should have mentioned that bit. In general we
use a pretty basic RDFS structure but the association of types to
properties is made with 'schema:domainIncludes' and
'schema:rangeIncludes' properties instead of the more conventional
rdfs:domain, rdfs:range. Also we evolve the schema gradually, often
adding new type/property associations with each release, so it is best
not to build too many assumptions around types being implied by
properties.

Dan