Re: Circa. dates

Jeff, the problem is that adding a new property only handles one part of a
range of necessary date. That is, it is primarily CreativeWork
publication/release oriented, and even then handles only one of dateCreated
/ dateModified / datePublished. You could use schema:circa in place of
schema:birthDate, maybe, but it would be hard to reuse it for
schema:deathDate if defined as "emerging". Maybe you could apply
schema:circa in combination with a second date-oriented property to suggest
that the date is "-ish" but that would require a schema.org-specific
interpretation.

I think the original 2012 discussion had the right suggested approach in
terms of LoC's draft level 1 extension to ISO8601. Rather than doing
anything schema.org-specific I would be much more comfortable adopting &
encouraging an extension that has practical applications in a much broader
domain.