RE: Public Review of GS1 Web Vocabulary and Structured Data Guideline

Thank you.  This is helpful.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kingsley Idehen [mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:41 PM
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Re: Public Review of GS1 Web Vocabulary and Structured Data Guideline

On 1/21/15 11:34 AM, Eric Kauz wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thank you for your helpful comments.
>
> Seems there are temporary  issues with site that need to be sorted out.
>
> Regarding question 2, the goal is definitely not c) creating a stand-alone ontology of GS1 standards although I admit there is currently overlap. Initially the goal is creating a vocabulary that complements schema.org and allows publishing GS1-based additional details that schema.org does not cover.   Where there is interest though I could see extensions to schema.org as well.  I am not aware who decides for something to be a schema.org extension and how best to satisfy a community need if there is a decision not to add "something" as a schema.org extension.
>
> I will look into the idea of a workshop or if not at least a webinar.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Eric

Eric,

While things are getting sorted on your end, here are some access routes
to the data (which I've just uploaded to one of our Linked Data Spaces):

1. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/9CNTYX64 -- SPARQL Query Results Page
2. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/9XQYX3X -- SPARQL Query Definition Page
3.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http://gs1.org/voc/ColourCodeListCode
-- Sample Entity Description page
4. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http://gs1.org/voc/ --
Vocabulary Description which also provides a nice exploration start point.

Great job!

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com

CONFIDENTIALITY / DISCLAIMER: The contents of this e-mail are  confidential and are not to be regarded as a contractual offer or acceptance from GS1 (registered in Belgium).
If you are not the addressee, or if this has been copied or sent to you in error, you must not use data herein for any purpose, you must delete it, and should inform the sender.
GS1 disclaims liability for accuracy or completeness, and opinions expressed are those of the author alone.
GS1 may monitor communications.
Third party rights acknowledged.
(c) 2012.
</a>