Re: FYI: Interval Vocabulary

Hi all:
Note that QuantitativeValue already allows for open and closed intervals:

foo:ClosedInterval a schema:QuantitativeValue;
	schema:minValue 3;
	schema:maxValue 7.

foo:RightOpenInterval a schema:QuantitativeValue;
	schema:minValue 3.

foo:LeftOpenInterval a schema:QuantitativeValue;
	schema:maxValue 7.

foo:PointValue a schema:QuantitativeValue;
	schema:value 3.

(which a reasoner should expand to

foo:ClosedInterval a schema:QuantitativeValue;
	schema:value 3;
	schema:minValue 3;
	schema:maxValue 3.

thanks to value being a subproperty of both minValue and maxValue - these subproperty axioms are not yet in schema.org, because at the time of the GoodRelations integration, there was no notion of subproperties in schema.org. The nice thing about this is that you can handle point values and intervals with the same queries - a search for a car with 3 seats will also find a car that has 2 - 4 seats, because you will simply search for a car with at least 3 seats).

This is suitable for all quantities except for datetime and date intervals (hours, seconds, months is fine thanks to respective unit codes for schema:unitCode).

foo:AtLeastOneMinute a schema:QuantitativeValue;
	schema:minValue 3;
	schema:unitCode "MIN".

foo:UpToThreeHours a schema:QuantitativeValue;
	schema:maxValue 3;
	schema:unitCode "HUR".

For datetime and date intervals, I decided back then that dedicated pairs of properties like validFrom and validThrough were more useful.

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen