Re: itemprop="translator"

On 2 September 2014 15:38, Wallis,Richard <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org> wrote:
> Already in place:
>
> Schema:Book has an illustrator property
> Schema:Movie has director, producer, productionCompany properties

Glancing through http://www.loc.gov/marc/relators/relacode.html
there's a lot in there. Are there any super-useful things we're
missing that could be argued for inclusion as first class properties?

Otherwise having a way to point from a Role to external lists seems a
potentially useful convention (though perhaps overkill).

Another option is to just use native (microdata/rdfa/json-ld) syntax
for additional more detailed properties. If I remember right, multiple
relation types between is a single pair of entities is most awkward in
JSON-LD.

In RDFa, this seems ok (needs @rel not @property):

(where ANM is relator code for "A person contributing to a moving
image work or computer program by giving apparent movement to
inanimate objects or drawings"; perhaps not a perfect classification
of Richard Williams' complex role here but enough for an example)

 <link property="sameAs"
href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thief_and_the_Cobbler"/>
     <link property="sameAs"
href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Williams_(animator)"/>

>From a quick look, Microdata per
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/microdata.html#names:-the-itemprop-attribute
should accept:

 <link itemprop="sameAs"
href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thief_and_the_Cobbler"/>
     <link itemprop="sameAs"
href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Williams_(animator)"/>

If all we want is additional relationship types, then creating an
intermediate Role entity could be rather heavyweight, since RDFa and
Microdata seem to tolerate whitespace-separated lists of properties.
Anyone care to sketch this out in JSON-LD?

Dan

ps. +1 for including translator alongside properties for indicating
links between translations, and yes " (I think the sticking point on
translation is about the difference between identifying the thing
translated and the translation, or between noting that there *is* a
translation without specifying which is the original...)" is the only
sticking point I'm aware of