Re: Mappings between schema.org and other vocabs (especially from W3C groups)

On 3 November 2014 05:17, Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 4:13 AM, Wes Turner <wes.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > The scripts may still scrape parts of schema.org properly, but given all
>> > the activity in the past three years, I would not recommend to use
>> > http://schema.rdfs.org/ for serious projects without a careful investigation
>> > first.
>>
>> Thanks for the heads-up. As far as alternative approaches:
>>
>> A. Update the scrapers and scrapings
>

> No need for scrappers anymore. Schema.org publishes structured data on all
> its type and property pages, and the whole schema is available as RDFa at
> http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html. It's only a matter of
> converting it to your favorite format using a local tool or a service like
> http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/ or http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller.

http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html should be reasonably good
(since it is the master file that the entire site is built from). The
per-term RDFa is I think not yet perfected, but it is good to know
people find value in it.

Also http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html contains a few
equivalentProperty and equivalentClass mappings to other vocabularies
where a simple obvious mapping exists. These are currently reflected
into the (not shown to humans) RDFa per-term markup. For e.g. in
source code of http://schema.org/Dataset

resource="http://schema.org/Dataset">
<link property="owl:equivalentClass" href="http://rdfs.org/ns/void#Dataset"/>
<link property="owl:equivalentClass"
href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Dataset"/>
<link property="owl:equivalentClass"
href="http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#Dataset"/>...

If there are more such mappings available, do please feel free to file
a bug in github with details, or a pull request, and we'll try to get
more into the site.

cheers,

Dan