Re: ItemList

"so we would just have to remove the subtype relationship to CreativeWork.”

Would this be necessary?  Creating an [unordered or] ordered collection of things or items, is a creative act.  OK you may not use many of the CreativeWork properties but being able identify the creator, about-ness, created/modified dates, etc. could be useful.

There is a definite need for Collections (as CreativeWorks) see some of the examples in the now moribund Collection proposal <http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Collection>, the core proposal for hasPart & isPartOf were subsumed into the Periodicals, Articles and Multi-volume Works proposal.

The current ItemList Type proposal it not far off from my point of view.
My only concern is with the proposed ListItem Type.  By introducing an item property to link to the item in the list, we are introducing an indirection between the list and it’s members, making it a slightly complex task to identify all the items on a list for example, and making the markup more complex.

As an alternative I would suggest a model where ListItem (without an item property) could be used as an alternativeType on any Thing.  This would enable the items to be directly referenced from ItemList properties.  Finally I would add a sortValue or listOrderValue to ListItem so that ordering could be defined on a per item basis.

If consensus comes down on the side of needing a non-CreativeWork ItemList, I then believe we would need a total of 4 classes:

  *   Collection - subClassOf CreativeWork using hasPart to identify collection members
  *   ItemList - As per current proposal
  *   ListItem - With the changes identified above
  *   OrderedCollection -subClassOf Collection & ItemList

~Richard