Re: Generic Property-Value Proposal for Schema.org

I am not a big fan of the "/" based extension mechanism in general, as
requires magical IRI deconstruction when processing instances just to
achieve the same effect as the  rdf:subPropertyOf assertions used
elsewhere.

The fact that http://schema.org/actor/lead gives a 404 rather than some
automagically generated RDF is indicative of your undisturbing  lack of
faith :-)
I'm also not a great fan of turning Dimensioned object into Strings.

There are times when using a bit of rdfs or owl is worth it.

WRT vocabularies for units and  quantities:  there's always the
NASA/TopBraid QUDT ontology, which seems to be moving on towards a new
version.

See http://qudt.org/   [ The first version was developed by Chip Masters,
who is a former #$Cyclist ].

Simon