Re: Benifit of Schema.org over linked data or vice versa

It's a really interesting question to me.  I get the feeling that
Schema.org is for publishing for search engines.  Linked Data on the other
hand is more capable of enabling more interaction and re-use of data
between different applications.

Linked Data could enable a stand alone application as well, where it
wouldn't make sense to do that with Schema.org.

Is that about right?

Thanks,

Lloyd Fassett
Azteria, Inc.