Re: VideoGames

On Jul 8, 2014, at 2:02 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:

> What do you think about
> * adding schema:GameCharacter extending schema:Person
> * creating schema:Quest which schema:quest would expect
> * reusing schema:location where Place would provide support for URL
> ("@id"), maybe also schema:VirtualPlace extending schema:Place
> * schema:characterAttribute could extend something also relevant for
> schema:Person,  myself I would find it interesting possibility to import
> some concepts from http://purl.org/ontology/cco/core especially with
> projects like http://jsonresume.org/ popping up.

Some of these concepts were discussed over a year ago (see "Modeling fictional characters in movies and TV thread from January 2013 [1].

As I recall, the feeling that something such as GameCharacter was too specific, and that mixing in another type (such as schema:FictionalThing) would allow a broad category of things to be modeled as fictional. A Character then becomes a combination of :Person and :FictionalThing. (don't know about non-human characters, but my dog's certainly a "person"!)

However, the PerformanceRole now serves some of this function:

[ a :VideoGame;
  :name "Super Game";
  :actor [
    a :PerformanceRole;
    :characterName "Mario";
    :characterAttribute "Plumber";
    :actor [a :Person; :name "Baba O'Riley"]
  ]
] .

This uses an intermediate PerformanceRole to capture character attributes, but does tie them to an actual person (or people?) doing the performance.

There's still a need to deal with fictional places, though.

Gregg

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Jan/thread.html