Re: http://schema.org/CreativeWork: headline and name properties?

Your right that it comes from the rNews use cases.  And the reason is that
from the publishing world a "headline" is not always the same text as the
"name" of the CreativeWork, sometimes even vastly different.  The
"headline" used is up to the editor-in-chief ultimately.

CreativeWork
    name = "Nuclear Energy and public perceptions"
    headline := "Nuclear Energy: Do we still need it ?"

Hope this helps.

+1 to keeping "headline".  Publishers need it, just ask them.

--
-Thad
Thad on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/>